Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Stupid High School Policy

High school is hard enough
Don`t you think? Is it just me?
Basically everyone agrees with this
People still talk about it
Even after they have left high school
However they is a group of people who do not
I am not sure how big or small this group is
All I know is that this group clearly does not understand
Or maybe they do, but they have forgotten
Or maybe they want to torture us or something
You see, there is this policy at my school
Its a stupid policy, it does not make sense most of of the times, 
But its our own stupid policy
The policy is that if a student misses 2 or more days of schools, he or she loses his or her incentive
Incentive allows the students to exempt 2 finals at the end of the semester
Do not get me wrong, some elements to this policy are amazing, but other parts, not so much
The problem is that this policy does not excuse illness
Unless, you are in the hospital, or something serious like that, which needs hospital help
So, if you have a cold, or something like that, too bad, you have to suck it up
Thats how the Walton Plague wad created
If one kid comes to school sick as in lets say, a cold, then other kids are bound to get sick too
Before you know, everyone one in the entire school is sick
What kind of policy is it? Who made it up? Why is it still here?
All valid questions I assure you, but I do not have an answer to a single one of them.
I can guess and go on a tangent about each one and give you the 411
But then you can get me back on all my points saying that everyone is getting sick
Personally my main question is why does this policy still exist?
Its not fair on the students and franking everyone
Students get the short end of the sick (funny right, death stare result)
So here is what students deal with the sickness, others around them sick, lack of attention,
If students do miss school because their sick well they lose their incentive and are behind
Bottom line is why is the policy here
My opinion- no one cares because every high school student goes through this crap
But can we end this horrible cycle, this horrible same old same old
My answer- I hope, I really hope, cause when that say comes, things will never be the same
Until then, you just have to deal with it
Deal with the sickness, the tiredness, everything
Because we are just students, who have no real power, no real rights,
And until then my stupid high school policy will just have to stay


No comments:

Post a Comment