Friday, October 10, 2014

My First Journey to Gansett Island

It happened sometime three years ago. I was laying on my bed finishing a book called French Maid. Since it was a short book, it did not take me that long to finish it up. However, once I finished, I was book-less. I then started to cruise around the free book section on the Kobo website. None of the books caught my attention until Maid for Love. I was instantly attracted to this book because well it was free (lol), the cover page was eye-catching, and the tittle was intriguing. The first thought that jumped onto my head was that it might be similar to French Maid, which I had loved! So, I began the book, Maid For Love...

I do not remember if I finished that book that night or the night after, but I finished the book sometime later. Honestly, at first I did not like the book. Wait! Hold on! Let me explain myself. I did not like the book because to me it was unrealistic ( the son of a major family falling for a maid!), Linda was snobbish and judgmental, Janey was a little judgmental and Tiffany came off as cold and a little too mean. The clicking moment for me happened at the very end of the book. So, Marie lets us have a sneak peek into the next book that is coming out next. In the book Maid for Love, the sneak peek was the clicking moment. I absolutely loved the beginning of Fool for Love.  As the series went on, I started to come around Mac and Maddie. Twelve books later, they are one of my favorite couples in the series. I guess you could say that my first journey had some rough spots, but over the course of the series, I have fallen completely in love with this series. Sure it was not love at first sight, but who cares. All that matters is I am completely obsessed.

                                                                         SIS

No comments:

Post a Comment